I went to CVS for the Milani and Walgreens for the Revlon.
I bought the following:
Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup 24 hrs 200 Sand Beige
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Darling
Milani Shadow Eyez 12 Hr Wear Eyeshadow 03 Champagne Toast
Revlon Photoready Creme Blush 200 Flushed
Revlon Photoready Bronzer100 Bronzed and Chic
I had a tough time choosing which color to get in the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme foundation and I decided on the 200 Sand Beige Color. When I got home and tried out the color, I noticed that the Sand Beige in the new Whipped foundation swatched was much darker than the original Colorstay Sand Beige. But don't let the swatch scare you! I would say that once you blend the foundation into your face, it is not quite as orange or dark. To the contrary, the color match is pretty spot on with the original sand beige color after blending. Much like the DiorSnow BB creme, the pictures make you think the foundations are too orange and warm, but it transforms once buffed into the skin.
For reference I have very oily skin and most foundations (even those that claim great lasting power) require a setting powder, Urban Decay All-nighter Setting Spray, and touch ups with blot paper and blot powder throughout the day. The below picture is after a 10-hr day at work with ZERO touch ups to my face. I am only wearing the new foundation, creme blush, and balm stain. No bronzer. No powder products at all. I wanted to see the lasting power on its own. I am highly impressed with the foundation.
First impressions on Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation Sand Beige:
- Amazing lasting power and oil control
- Blends like a dream
- Medium to full coverage. You can control how much coverage you want by how much you blend
- Used my Sigma F80 and worked well for application
- For me, the finish wasn't totally matte when first applied. It was a natural finish, which became dewy but not OIL SLICK by hour 10
- This probably would not work for dry skins. It did catch on some dry skin on my nose
- The texture and creaminess reminds me of the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Creme Foundation B20 (which slipped off my skin by hour 4)
- I prefer this to original Colorstay (which can look like a mask if you aren't careful) and Photoready
- I think I'm in love
- We'll have to see if it breaks me out
First impressions on Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain in Darling:
- Slight minty scent
- Drying on my lips, I have to put lip balm over this
- I prefer my Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm and my YSL Glossy stain, both are more moisturizing and comfortable on the lips
- Leaves a lasting stain
- Despite dryness, no flaking or weird wearing off of color like other stains
- Will skip buying any other colors
I wanted to do a bunch of swatches for those of you who wanted to try the new foundation, but didn't know what color to get. I swatched all of the foundations in the below picture.
The first set of swatches are in the following order from Left to Right:
Revlon Colorstay Combination/Oily 240 Medium Beige, Revlon Colorstay Combination/Oily 180 Sand Beige, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup 200 Sand Beige, Revlon Colorstay Combination/Oily 150 Buff, Revlon Photoready 003 Shell
DiorSkin Forever 020, Nars Sheer Glow Deauville, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup 200 Sand Beige, Make up For Ever Mat Velvet 30, DiorSnow BB Creme (one color), MAC Studio Finish Concealer NW20
I love and wear the Urban Decay 24/7 pencils and shadow pencils almost everyday. I wear SIN pretty much everyday on my lower waterline, so I was really excited to hear about Milani's new pencils. I think swatched side by side they look identical in some lights. In others, the Milani has a slightly darker rosier gold sheen than the cooler gold sheen on the UD Sin.I just tested the wear time by wearing the UD on one eye and Milani on the other. Identical after 10 hours. No budging.
I bought it for $6.49 at CVS compared to $20 for the UD pencils.
From Left to Right:
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils in Clash, Rehab, Juju, Morphine, Delinquent, Sin and Milani Shadow Eyez 03 Champagne Toast